Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Come what may and Love it!

So last sunday I made it a goal to start looking up one talk per week and to apply it to my life and try to live from whataver principle I learned. (:

Well this weeks talk is "Come What May and Love IT" by Elder Joseph B. Whirthlin
What an amazing talk it was (: no joke i ABSOLUTELY loved it!
There were many parts of that talk that I want to share but it would basically be the entire talk. So I would just like to point out the three things that he shared with us to learn to overcome trials.


  • Learn to laugh:
Sometimes things aren't plesant for me. When i'm faced with a trial the first temptation that comes to mind is to complain, cry, groan at whataver it may be before I even attempt to find a way to get out of it. I love laughing and althoug sometimes trials or whataver may be too serious to laugh at still find the humor in it and begin it with a smile. Now when I look back at some of my "trials" they really are something to laugh at!

"The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable."

  • Seek for the Eternal
"The second thing we can do is seek for the eternal. You may feel singled out when adversity enters your life. You shake your head and wonder, “Why me?” But the dial on the wheel of sorrow eventually points to each of us. At one time or another, everyone must experience sorrow. No one is exempt"
 I got so much from that part. I know that when I'm having a difficult time I love to complain and think its too hard but when I think of the eternal prespective and how whataver I'm going through "is but a small moment" of what I will recieve I want to go back to myself and say "SUCK IT UP!" Everyone has trials and im not by any means more perfect or cooler to be exempt from them. It's my deposit into my "savings" account so that I can earn eternal glory (:


  • The Principle of Compensation
I ABSOLUTELY loved this part!! It is soooo amazing. Here is my favorite part of that section of the talk:

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude"

Theres so much truth in that!!! As I was reading/listening to this part of the talk I realized how true it is that for every trial I have overcome and "endured well" i have recieved some of the most HAPPIEST times in my life!! Like for instance Graduation!! I really struggled with all the classes I had to take towards the end of senior year!! The stress was major and tears happened almost every single night! However, the day of graduation!! Tears happened because the stress was gone, i was free and I WAS WALKING!! not only to mention that the next morning I got the perfect graduation present who I still have today and brings me joy everytime i see her! (:



  • Trust in the father and the son
This part of the talk was awesome because I have always been the one to believe that when I recieve a trial it is no doubt Heavenly Father letting me know that I can do this and that he has faith in me. (: that's how i get through everything! Eventhough I admit that when things get tough SOMETIMES it gets hard to remember. However, in the end he has all answers and he has the key to the door out of whataver we're going through! (:


This talk was awesome! I'm really excited to have read it and to start applying it to my life. I'm still young and trials ahead are countless...although its a scary thought.

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT !(:

<3 Mariana

1 comment:

  1. Gah I needed this! Thanks girl =) I think I'm going to steal your idea and start reeading more talks =)

    ReplyDelete