Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy birthday to me!!?

Funny to think that when I was younger I couldn't wait to grow older and make my own birthday parties. Spend my birthday with just friends....my kid birthday parties were fun too but I was ready for "big people" parties. 

Well, yesterday was my birthday....I just got home about 20 minutes ago and I just had to hop on here to update my blog because i had some stuff on my mind all day. 
Over all, I had an AMAAZZZINNG birthday! Really, it was a blast!
But I couldn't help but notice how different things are now. 

This morning, we had "lunch" as a family (: My mom took the day off work and came down to see me. So my brother, sister-in-law and my beautiful niece all went out to eat! It really was fun (except for the Haley choking part). I took a picture with my mom that I was really excited for (: and we look great. Then she went shopping with me to find an outfit for my party, and it was really fun! We didn't argue and I wasn't snotty because I never see her anymore, so when I do get to have her around I try to be the best person I can be (:  I didn't really want her to leave...shhhh.

After spending time together she went with me to see the place where I chose to have my party, and I had to pay for all of the stuff necessary. That was the first time ever. Big people parties involve paying for EVERYTHING on your own (well almost, she helped with some) Then it was time for her to go and me to enjoy my big girl party .....It was fun dont get me wrong. My friend's are great, crazy, funny, people but I couldn't help but feel sad that this was the first birthday party without my mom. When the time came to cut the cake, and have everyone gather to sing happy birthday. I had to gather everyone: 

The memory came to me of how I'd never done that before. I was  so used to my mom getting everyone together, and lighting the candles for me. I was used to her singing first so everyone would start. Not now. This was a "big" girl party. Then after blowing the candle, and being smashed into it, I went to clean up...expecting someone to cut the cake and distribute it. Nobody did, I had to ask people to. My mom would always do it. ):

This birthday wasn't bad one bit. But it's funny how now that i'm a "big girl" I wish for things that I had back then; A "big girl" birthday party meant being with just friends...and although it was a blast, the best part of my birthday was being with my family. I'm also poor, paying for everything on my own isn't easy one bit. Finally the cake part....mom wasn't in charge this time. I was. 
If anything this birthday made me realize that I am a big girl now...i guess. 
But mostly it made me appreciate a lot, everything my mom did for me. She's amazing. (: 

Funny how you die to get older, then once you're older; you'd die to go back (: oh well. 

now to make the best out of my "big girl" life. bleh!
I'll update pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment