Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Prince Charming Story...

Well, this is one of those girly posts, so here it goes...

Prince Charming (: Blah, every single girl on this planet earth has and idea of what Pirnce Charming is to them. We all have hope that Prince Chraming will come. I don't think one day I will walk out and in my front door a boy in a white horse will be there. No, not at all. Prince Charming will come at his given time.

You see, when I was younger I painted myself an image of Prince Charming. Certain qualities, that I wanted him to have, certain talents, and even a certain look.

So here is the Prince Charming story:
A few months ago I met the Prince Charming I imagined when I was younger. The look, the style, the qualities, every single detail was there. Prince Charming came into my life (: (: I was at first blown away by how perfect he was, how every little detail was there!
But something was wrong.  "Prince Charming" knew he was "Chraming" and not only did he know but all the girls seemed to notice.
Uh oh, my little 6, 9, 13, 15, 16 year old mind didn't wrap its mind around how Imperfect a perfect prince would be. It took me a few times to realize that "Prince Charming" wasn't what I always thought it was. The qualities I wanted, and everything I hoped for were reachable things but were they important things?

So from night to day my "prince charming" became just another ugly frog.


So what changed? Did the prince really become ugly? Or was his "perfection" just too much to handle?
Well, I dont think there was anything wrong with the Prince. I simply think that my idea of what a prince was changed as I grew older and learned more about who Prince Charming was to me.

Simple enough. Other things became important, some qualities became requirements, and other "talents" became not as important (: 

I know every boy out there being the best He can be, is Prince Charming to some beautiful Princess who awaits impatiently 
 

But impatiently doesn't mean desperately (: So frogs, please stay away.

Happy Ending is what we're all striving for after all! (:

1 comment:

  1. Oh cute! I completely agree with you. That story has happened to me countless times. Make sure that on your list for prince charming that you have the disclaimer: Imperfect. All people are imperfect.
    P.S. Have you seen Tangled 'cause I'm going to and I've heard it's so good :)

    ReplyDelete