Monday, December 6, 2010

How does a "normal" girl respond?

A few weeks ago I was at work, and there was a couple there. The way they both were acting was kind of like a "first date", after hearing some stuff they'd talk to I was sure this was a first date. Well, after they are done eating, he gets up and says to her "you look really nice by the way". Now, I know most girls are thinking "aww" but my first thought was 

"OOOOOOOOHHH C'MOOONN!!!!! what a creep!" 

Not to say he did anything wrong in complimenting her but it was just awkward! I don't even think it came out honest, they'd been together for a while...it just seemed like he didn't know what to say but he wanted to flirt some more so he said that. 
Okay, okay. Yes I am weird. So here is my problem. I have issues. hahah well yes I have plenty but the most recent discovered one is. I dont really know how to react when someone (boys) compliment me, but ESPECIALLY when they hit on me. It's creepy i think, but it's part of "dating" (which that's another issue.) 


So today I went to the bank. The teller there ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS hits on me. It's sooooooooooooo creepy and soooooooo awkward. I usually stay away from him when I go in but today I had to make some adjustments to my bank account and he was there! Ready to help!...mmmm....okay, so I sit down. Something that should've taken about 10 minutes tops took 30 stinking loooong precious minutes!!! He asked questions like 
"how is your famiily? What's your relationship with them like? How many brother's and sisters do you have? where do you live? what days are you usually off work? So what are you getting your boyfriend for Christmas? blah blah blah" It was like first date questions at the bank! Creepy. 


I'll admit I left there feeling pretty crappy because I was sooo rude!!!. A little example? Okay, well at the end he asked me when i was going to come back (because after 30 minutes he wasn't able to help me since I didn't have my ID on me). I told him "idk probably after Christmas, it's really not that important and coming isn't the most thrilling thing I have going on on my days off." then he told me what days he works, and what times...so that I can come back and get help from HIM! I was like "yeah, seems like when i come you're always here" and he says "or is it that you look for me?" one of his co-workers I guess overheard him but I didn't see him so I responded "um, sure if that makes you feel important, or helpful then yes. I come looking for you.....but what's your name again?" so his co-worker started laughing and came to give me a high 5. 


Finally, after 30 long minutes I left. It was funny because the feeling i had was weird. i wanted to get out of there as fast as I could because i was running out of responses!!! The guy isn't ugly, nor rude, he's actually very very nice and speaks spanish, he's pretty good looking. So it's not like I would never give him the time of day, but for some reason when I'm put in that situation. I just think its soooooooo weird and I just get annoyed....I can take it when it's a guy i'm close to but when its just some random guy i start thinking "was that a pick up line or are you just being stupid?" lol (: 


Oh, well. I sure hope i'm not the only one with that fear. 


For any guys reading this: Dont worry, I'm sure plenty of girls looove this kind of attention. So I'm not saying this is a bad thing. I just have issues (: haha you keep doing what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment