Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm make mistakes..

I think I missed the "know it all" lesson in heaven. I was probably chillin in the "how to screw things up and feel horrible for it later" class that day.

Let me just tell you a story about the day that I ran out of gas in the middle of the freeway...
You see, my sweet little car has something wrong with the dashboard so when it says you have half a tank of gas it really means youre out of gas...but sometimes I like to trust it more than I should so one time my mom and I were running super duper late to work and I knew I was almost out of gas but I had no choice other than to pray and hope I made it. While in the freeway my car just started acting weird and soon enough it stopped. It was soo scary and my mom was furious. I dont really know what went through my head because I was terrffied but I realized I didnt have time to be worried...I started making calls right away. While my mom was yelling at me for "being irresponsable" I just ignored her. Long story short...I got us out of there in less than 10 minutes.

That day I got home and realized that I may have been wrong and irresponsable but I noticed how my mom said nothing to me at the end anymore because she was amazed at how fast I reacted and got us out of there.  I was proud of myself for getting myself out of the rutt I got myself into. I knew it was 100% my fault but instead of dwelling on it I took it into my own hands to fix it.

Recently I had that same experience but in a different scenario.Sure enough I tried to get myself out of the mess. This one was a little bigger than the car experience and it took a lot longer. However, this time I did all I could to fix the situation but I didnt do ABSOLUTELY everything....You see, sometimes we admit that we're wrong, and appoligize but if I had just realized I was wrong and said sorry to my mo the day we were in the middle of the freeway who knows what would have happened. I actually had to call for help, let someone help, I had to go get gas, pay, blah blah blah and promise myself that would never happen again. You see my point? It took more than a sorry. Sadly enough in this past experience I didnt realize that sometimes to mend your mistakes sometimes it takes more than a "sorry" until after a few months.  Repenting is a big step but it doesnt take away consequences for your actions.

last week's lesson was just that ^^. Although sorry is good its not  what fixes mistakes... We actually have to try and mend our doings... And sometimes people wont praise you for mending your mistakes but at least you did all you could...and sometimes thats all you can do. People may still walk away but at least your efforts were honest (:

Good thing I learned this now because dang, I dont know how I would get thorugh life without that knowledge!

This song kind of tells you what I'm talking about (;
 

No comments:

Post a Comment