Saturday, February 5, 2011

The world around us...

I love my roomate Jordan (: she's so great.

With that out of the way...today I couldnt wait to start up my post.
Today was a really good day! Jordan and I had planned to go to a Graffitti gallery but before she told me we had to go have lunch at Joe's Cafe. At first I wasn't sure what to expect but it turned out to be the coolest southern restaurant ever!!

Joe's Cafe is basically home away from home. Joe is African american which in Orem that isn't common but its very missed. He has his southern accent which I miss so much, but something that I really loved about his place is that he's the cook, cashier, waiter, and manager. I was very impressed with the fact that you can tell he has worked so hard to have his place and he loves it (: There are pictures all over the place so we took some with him.



I ordered a Club Sandwhich and he totally didnt think i'd finish it but my pride made me want to prove him wrong and finish (:

He was being so funny about the fact that I beat him (:


Tadaaahh!!

After we went to the art show and wow!!!! It was at the mall so it wasn't far at all but we learned so much. We got to see a very special type of art that people forget and dont appreciate sometimes. I can see how graffitti can be vandalisim but that doesnt make it NOT art. We got to see so many cool things that helped us see the feelings of others through their talents.





My favorite thing about today was just being able to see a different world around the world I live in (: I learned that everyone has talents and its up to us to do something about it! But honestly, I learned that we need as many people to share their talents as possible ! It makes this world so much more fun....(:

Finally, we went to vans to look at some shoes and even the worker there shared his talent with us!!! (:



Looking back now, some of my best moments are when someone decided to share their talent with me (: There's a huge world out there and I'm so blessed to be part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment