Monday, November 22, 2010

A nation under God?

Blahhh... let me state that as far as I'm concern. God's main purpose is to all return with our families. In my beliefs FAMILY is what matters. Nothing else matters to him.
FAMILY IS FIRST

I was blessed with a really nice visiting teacher, she always was so willing to come visit me. She would call so often to ask how i was doing. I remember saying "are visiting teachers supposed to call you as much as she calls me?"
She has a beautiful 3 year old son who was always running around in sacrament. What a cute boy (: He deffinately has his mom's looks. He has that Venezuelan color going for him (: and the hair. He didnt look at all like his dad. American white! (: They really are a beautiful family.
This sunday though, we found out the most terrible news. My visiting teacher was pulled over by immigration and was now in jail waiting to be deported.
What happened? I'm not too sure, but I'm POSITIVE that she didnt steal anything, kill anyone, destroy any property....she simply isn't "legal" so now she's in jail...where REAL criminals should be.

What matters most is she isn't with her family. And she most deff wont be with her beautiful son, and amazing husband this Thanksgiving, or Christmas.

Now, let me tell you about Luis and his family. He's a very hardworking father who has two kids. The girl is 8 and the boy is 11 (: they have the cutest smiles and they giggle like little mischevious kids. I love them. Luis works full time in construction and hardly gets to spend anytime with his family but on days off. YOU BETTER BELIEVE HE GOES OUT OF HIS WAY FOR HIS FAMILY!!! The kids love their dad, because they understand that he works to provide, and when he's not working he spends all his time loving them (:

Today Luis' wife was pulled over (she's not the best driver), she didn't have insurance on her car. Her car was under her husband's name. So the police had her call him to come. When he got there, they asked him for an ID. He showed them the only ID he had (a mexican one. Because it is impossible for an "illegal" person to get an ID in america now), minutes later, they arrested HIM and he's now being held in Immigration waiting to be deported.

No Christmas or Thanksgiving with his wife and kids this year eather. Here is a man who woke up to go to work, his wife called him in need and so as he is, he went out of his way to go help her. He is today in jail where REAL criminals should be. 

I understand that people take that risk when they come here illegaly and that there are laws.
What I dont understand is what happened to
A nation under God?

People avoid this subject and fear talking about it. However, I DEMAND That people learn about this matter and know what's going on. So many uneducated people have already set their mind
"send them all back!" but they dont even know what laws imply.
This is getting worse every day and it really bothers me.  Slavery is not the word perhaps but this reminds me so much of what was going on with African American's back in the day...people think that because its on the "hush hush" its not racisim. BULL CRAP!

THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS FAIR!!

Why dont they go back to their countries?
Believe me, nobody wants to be in a place where they are appointed as criminals, a place where they have  a fear to be deported every day, a place where they can only get a few jobs because everywhre else talent doesnt matter, just a simple paper. NO ONE wants to be separated from their families.

But a better future, and hope to one day be treated as people is something that all these people have in common.

They like Martin Luther King JR "have a dream" too!

Simply now, people are too up their butt and too self centered to stop and think about these people. If I have a job, I'm going to school, I have a house, a car? Why help anyone else have that too right?

I guess it's now a crime to hope for a better future too.



No comments:

Post a Comment